Founded in 2000, Scorpio Theatre presents new works and works new to Calgary, with a flair for showmanship, spectacle, and a welcoming atmosphere behind the stage. If you think you can guide the artistic endeavours of the company, and take a leadership position in the family, we want to hear from you.
Scorpio is seeking a new volunteer Artistic Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the AD, along with the Executive Producer, runs the day-to-day operation of the company, and steers the artistic side of the company.
- Coordinating with the Executive Producer and Technical Director on running the Scorpio Executive departments.
- Choosing shows for upcoming seasons.
- Selecting directors for each show.
- Working with directors to ensure the success of each production.
- Coordinating with writer-in-residence on any in-house productions.
- Liaising with other companies or individuals in the Calgary theatre community.
- Acting as the face of the company at events.
- Experience working with low budgets.
- 5 years in community theatre some time spent in leadership role.
- Have knowledge of multiple facets of community Theatre productions.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Good Interpersonal skills and conflict management.
- Grant writing skills.
- Networking skills.
- A demonstrated ability and desire to translate artistic needs and values into strategic plans.
- Exceptional relationship management and team building skills.
- Other duties as required.
- Personal transportation is an asset.
- If selected for interview applicants will be asked to demonstrate ability through a hypothetical strategic planning session. Be prepared with 2-3 references.
Interested parties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with a list of your theatrical experience. Resumes and cover letters welcome. Qualified parties will be contacted to arrange an interview.
We are accepting submissions until May 23rd.