Monday, March 25, 2019 7:00-10:00 PM
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:00-10:00 PM
Monday, April 01, 2019 7:00-10:00 PM
Wednesday, April 03, 2019 7:00-10:00 PM
Invited Call backs:
Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:00-5:00 PM
Tentative First Read-Through:
Saturday, April 08, 2018 1:00-5:00 PM
April 08, 2019 to Saturday, May 25, 2019.
- Monday and Wednesday evenings from 7:00-10:00 PM
- Saturday afternoons from 1:00-5:00 PM.
Friday, May 31, 2019 to Saturday, June 08, 2019
All cast members are required during “Tech Week”, May 26-30, 2019
Scorpio Theatre is an Equal opportunity employer. Artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, orientation, or personal beliefs are encouraged to apply.
Casting persons in attendance:
Director: Ted Lach
Artistic Director: Keith Kollee and/or Artistic Associate: Jennifer Merio.
- AHAB (female-identifying, 30+, any race): The egomaniacal captain of the Pequod. Commanding the crew with equal parts respect and terror, Ahab is a force of nature both inspiring and terrible to behold. Consumed with rage and vengeance, Ahab is obsessed with finding Moby Dick no matter the cost.
- ISHMAEL (female-identifying, 20+, any race): Full of an infectious earnestness and fascinated by whales, Ishmael is the newest crew mate of the Pequod. Views the world with wide-eyed wonder, but is naïve and inexperienced with seafaring life and unprepared for the tragedies that await.
- QUEEQUEG (female-identifying, 20+, visible minority/non-Caucasian): Starbuck’s skilled harpooner and Ishmael’s best friend, Queequeg is a composite of elements of African, Polynesian, Islamic, Christian, and Native American cultures. Brave and generous, Queequeg enables Ishmael to see that race has no bearing on someone’s character.
- STARBUCK (female-identifying, 25+, any race): The first mate of the Pequod. Starbuck acts as a conservative force against Ahab’s mania, trying to walk the fine line between serving the Captain and serving the crew.
- FEDALLAH (female-identifying, 25+, any race): A strange, almost supernaturally skilled hunter of mysterious origins that makes the crew uneasy. Serves as Ahab’s personal harpooner and prophet.
- FLASK (female-identifying, 20+, any race): Third mate of the Pequod. Small, fierce, and practically-minded who doesn’t think too deeply about anything and butchers whales with great enthusiasm.
- PIP (female-identifying, 20’s, any race): The youngest member of the crew, survived a tragic stranding at sea that caused psychological trauma. Half idiot and half prophet, often perceives things that others don’t.
- STUBB (female-identifying, 20+, any race): The second mate of the Pequod. Popular, easy going, and a bit of a nihilist, Stubb is always trusting in fate and refuses to assign too much significance to anything. Uses humor to mask their true fears and feelings.
You may also fill out this form to book your audition.